- Message from the Chief Curator
- "Heaven, Earth and Man — A Hong Kong Art Exhibition" Outdoor Exhibition at the Art Square of the Salisbury Garden
- Laurence Tam Memorial Art Award – Visitor's Choice Sponsored by the Friends of the Hong Kong Museum of Art
- Hong Kong Art History Research
- My Culture
- Museum Book Shop
- Museum of Tea Ware is 30 Years Old!
- "Hong Kong Art History Research – Pilot Project" Panel Discussion
- Portfolio Night – a Special Programme for Tertiary Students
- Ancient Chinese Painting and Calligraphy Appreciation can be Full of Fun!
- Papers from the Symposium "Another Modernity or Contemporaneity?: Traditional Chinese Media in the Context of Contemporary Art" are now available on Hong Kong Museum of Art Website
- Visitors' Comments
Portfolio Night — a Special Programme for Tertiary Students
To coincide with the "Hong Kong Contemporary Art Awards 2012" exhibition and to sustain the promotion of local art development, the Hong Kong Museum of Art and Art Map jointly organised the "Portfolio Night" on 10 and 17 October 2013. This event was exclusively tailored for tertiary students. 34 visual arts students from various tertiary institutes took part in the event which they could have a personal dialogue with two established artists of their choice to seek these artists' advices on artistic creation and development.
During the meeting, our invited artists offered comments on every portfolio which might include the real works or multimedia record of works by the students. Students were encouraged to reflect on their own artistic cultivation, ideology, creative attitude and expression techniques from different perspectives, so as to have further growth in their artistic development. Despite of limited conversation time, student participants considered this event as a valuable experience. They obtained new inspirations and knowledge that had never been discussed in class. Having direct dialogues with their admired artists were particularly precious and beneficial.
Artists generously participated includes: Victor Lai Ming-hoi, Leung Kui-ting, Rosanna Li Wei-han, Mok Yat-san, Kingsley Ng, Pak Sheung-chuen, Ellen Pau, Tse Ming-chong and Francis Yu. Most of them appreciated the event and were impressed by the students' passion in pursuing art.
You will never know if there is award winner of the future Hong Kong Contemporary Art Awards amongst the participating students of this event. Reviews and photos of the event are now available at HKCAA's social media web page: www.facebook.com/artmaphkcaa. Do check out the fanpage to know more about the HKCAA.
Portfolio Night in progress