About the Museum
Specializing in the collection, study and display of tea ware, the Flagstaff House Museum of Tea Ware features at its core the generous donations of Dr K.S. Lo (1910-1995), which include many fine examples of the famous Yixing tea ware.
With the history of over 170 years, the Flagstaff House originally served as the office and residence of the Commander of the British Forces in Hong Kong. It was converted to the Museum of Tea Ware in 1984, with a new wing, the K.S. Lo Gallery, added in 1995. Alongside its exhibitions, the Museum holds regular demonstrations, tea gatherings and lecture programmes to promote ceramic art and Chinese tea drinking culture.