- Award Winners of the Hong Kong Contemporary Art Awards 2012
- Award Winners of the "2013Tea Ware by Hong Kong Potters" Competition
- "The Origin of Dao: New Dimensions in Chinese Contemporary Art" Associated Programme – International Symposium
- Google Art Project
- A Night at the Museum of Art with Andy Warhol
- In Loving Memory of the late Mr Laurence Tam, Chief Curator (1933-2013)
- "International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong", Museums (Memory + Creativity) = Social Change
- "International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong" Associated Programmes
- "International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong", Special Programmes of Conservation Office
- Docent Annual Gathering and Award Presentation Ceremony 2012
Docent Annual Gathering and Award Presentation Ceremony 2012
The Docent Annual Gathering and Award Presentation Ceremony 2012 was held on 18 January 2013.
Addition to the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the Hong Kong Museum of Art, together with the docents, we also celebrate the 20th anniversary of the launching of docent service. In mid-1991, the Hong Kong Museum of Art held the first docent training. After a series of intensive courses, the docents started to provide guided tours the following year.
Last year was a busy year for docents, because they conducted many guided tours for a number of blockbuster exhibitions, including "A Lofty Retreat from the Red Dust: The Secret Garden of Emperor Qianlong" and "Imperishable Affection: The Art of Feng Zikai". Docent service remains one of the most popular museum activities, thanks to our enthusiastic voluntary docents. In order to enhance the content of the tour, our docents not only attend training offered by the Museum, they also spend their spare time to do research and preparation work. Moreover, they generously share their knowledge and personal experience with our visitors, giving them a wonderful museum experience. Also, last year, our docents provided other interesting activities for the Museum, such as "Stories of Emperor Qianlong", "Stories of Feng Zikai" and "Guided Tour for Parents and Children", bringing a whole new artistic experience to different audiences.
Next time when you visit the Museum, please remember to join our guided tours!