- Award Winners of the Hong Kong Contemporary Art Awards 2012
- Award Winners of the "2013Tea Ware by Hong Kong Potters" Competition
- "The Origin of Dao: New Dimensions in Chinese Contemporary Art" Associated Programme – International Symposium
- Google Art Project
- A Night at the Museum of Art with Andy Warhol
- In Loving Memory of the late Mr Laurence Tam, Chief Curator (1933-2013)
- "International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong", Museums (Memory + Creativity) = Social Change
- "International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong" Associated Programmes
- "International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong", Special Programmes of Conservation Office
- Docent Annual Gathering and Award Presentation Ceremony 2012
International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong
International Council of Museums (ICOM) designated 18 May of each year as the International Museum Day (IMD) in 1977. Since 2001, the Leisure and Cultural Services Department has organised the International Museum Day, Hong Kong in mid-May every year with the aim of raising public awareness of the roles and functions of museums in society.
The role of museums in society changes with the times. Reconciling their traditional mission of conservation with the creativity necessary for their revival and the development of their audiences – this is the evolution that museums are trying to undertake, with the strong belief that their presence and actions can transform society constructively. The theme for IMD 2013 is "Museums (Memory + Creativity) = Social Change". This truly optimistic theme in the form of an equation dynamically gathers several concepts that are essential to defining what a museum is today, highlighting the universal nature of those institutions and their positive influence on society. It summarises the complexity of museum tasks and emphasises that they are meant to contribute to the community with their passion and creativity.
Free admission to all Leisure and Cultural Services Department museums and other participating venues will be offered, and a fantastic array of special programmes will be organised on 18 and 19 May 2013 for public enjoyment*. Come and join the fun! For details of IMD 2013 activities in Hong Kong, please visit www.lcsd.gov.hk/imd2013 from early April onwards or refer to the announcements of individual museums.
* Except Stanley Ho Space Theater of the Hong Kong Space Museum, film programmes at the Hong Kong Film Archive, special exhibition of Asia Society Hong Kong Center and Hong Kong Maritime Museum.