- Award Winners of the Hong Kong Contemporary Art Awards 2012
- Competition of "Awards 2013 Tea Ware by Hong Kong Potters"
- Google Art Project
- A Night at the Museum of Art with Andy Warhol
- "The Origin of Dao: New Dimensions in Chinese Contemporary Art" Associated Programme – International Symposium
- "Andy Warhol: 15 Minutes Eternal" exhibition lasts until 1 April 2013
- Docent Annual Gathering and Award Presentation Ceremony 2012
- Last Call for Entries of Competition "Tea Ware by Hong Kong Potters 2013"
- "International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong", Museums (Memory + Creativity) = Social Change
- "International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong" Associated Programmes
- "International Museum Day 2013, Hong Kong", Special Programmes of Conservation Office
- In Loving Memory of the late Mr Laurence Tam, Chief Curator (1933-2013)
Last Call for Entries of Competition "Tea Ware by Hong Kong Potters 2013", Don't Miss It!
The competition of Tea Ware by Hong Kong Potters has been organised for the 9th time since 1986 and it is going to be held in April 2013. As part of the mission of the Flagstaff House Museum of Tea Ware to enhance creativity in the art of pottery tea ware and to foster a tea drinking culture, the competition aims to stimulate general awareness of and interest in ceramic art and tea drinking in Hong Kong.
With a view to encouraging more students to engage in ceramic art, this year the competition will continue to offer the School Category. It is expected that their interest and technical skills in ceramics would be enhanced under the instructions of teachers, and more young potential potters can be nurtured. Besides, the Open Category is opened to residents of Hong Kong in order to demonstrate the artistic achievements of our local contemporary potters through the competition.
In addition to the awards of First, Second and Third Prize for both the School and Open categories, a number of prizes of excellence will be awarded to the winners of the Open Category. The selected works will be showcased in the exhibition so as to allow the public to appreciate the works by local potters.
Entry form and details of the competition can also be downloaded from the website of Hong Kong Museum of Art.